(click above to link to the pretty PDF or read bellow for the nitty gritty)
Burlington Childrens’ Space
Developing a bold and persuasive web presence for a community oriented preschool.
- Compelling Stories – a preschool in it’s 26th year of operation with lot’s of great stories/family testimonials
- Involved in the community – the kid’s go out into the city every day and the school participates in city wide events
- Willing Participants – the parents, teachers and staff want a bigger online presence and will help create it.
- Understand the importance of PR, marketing, and social media.
- Current website – just a splash page that says the site is under construction
- Funding – the do not have a budget for web development or social media management
- Time – the staff is very busy with running a pre school and applying for grants, etc.
- Consistency – finding one person who can keep their brand/message/online presence up by posting regularly may be a challenge.
- A new website would be a persuasive tool that could help the school get more funding.
- Prospective families could get a better understanding of what the school’s mission is and have access to applications.
- Current families could see what goes on at the school on a day to day basis via the blog and social media.
- The site can’t be funded and is built by volunteers so it doesn’t function as needed.
- Staff doesn’t consistently maintain blogs and social media so they don’t attract followers.
- The site doesn’t persuade additional funding or perspective parents.
- Families don’t want to participate online or have photos of their children online.