One thing that is really great about being an MFA student in emergent media is that we get to make zany videos about books we read. This week, after reading Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell, my colleague Cora Lozinschi and I decided to make a cut up video collage using stock footage. Focusing on Gladwell’s premise that their are patterns and factors that appear in every form of influential trend (like communicable diseases or the latest fashion) we found footage that represents various kinds of spreading patterns. The result is above.
Hi! I'm Rachel and this is the journal entries for my various projects in the Emergent Media Program at Champlain College. To see my mixed media projects visit emergentProjects.wordpress.com to view my first baby steps at programing click on my avatar or go to: rachelhooper.com as always, thanks for looking at my work and feel free to comment.
- facebook.com/rachel.m.hoope… 14 hours ago
- Nintendo Debuts A Coding Interface For Everyone fb.me/8df07oz9C 3 days ago
- ‘Even today, after a century of feminism, we can’t fully be ourselves’ | Elena Ferrante fb.me/TGzAZtLq 3 days ago
- fb.me/2ImEYsyBC 4 days ago
- Nearly One Million Students Across The US Walked Out To Honor The Parkland Shooting Victims fb.me/4v2SUw1dh 4 days ago